Public Assistance Resources
Applicant Briefing and Request for Public Assistance information for State, Local, Territorial, Tribal (SLTT) governments and certain types of private nonprofit (PNP) organizations
On February 20, 2021, Governor Abbott announced that his request for a federal major declaration was granted for the Severe Winter Storm that began on February 11, 2021. The FEMA disaster designation is DR-4586. This opens opportunities through FEMA’s Public Assistance (PA) program for reimbursement of eligible cost associated with emergency protective measures.
Eligible government or non-profit organization will need to take the following steps to start this process:
- Participate in a virtual applicant briefing which will provide vital information on this process.
- Applicant briefings will begin Wednesday, February 24, 2021, and will occur each weekday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. until further notice.
- Please click here or visit the link below to register for any of the available briefings currently scheduled:
- Submit a Request for Public Assistance (RPA) – You can complete this step prior to participating in the applicant briefing.
- If you DO have an existing account (from a previous disaster) in the FEMA Grants Portal (https://grantee.fema.gov/), please login and you will be asked if you want to submit an RPA for DR-4586.
- If you DO NOT have an account in the FEMA Grants Portal, please visit the FEMA Grants Portal (https://grantee.fema.gov/), select “Click here to submit an RPA for your organization” on the homepage and complete each section of the request.
Please submit any questions to your TDEM District Coordinator or send an email to TDEMRecovery.RPA@tdem.texas.gov.