Individual and Family Resources
Affected Texans are encouraged to report property damage. Share pertinent details and photos to assist emergency management officials in the preliminary damage assessment process.
Texas Emergency Management Council State Agencies & Partners Resources
- Office of the Texas Governor: Winter Weather Resources
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service: Winter preparedness and recovery information from the Extension Disaster Education Network.
- Texas A&M Forest Service: “After the Storm” tree care and oak tree winter storm recovery information, follow @AllHazardsTFS
- Texas Animal Health Commission: Extreme winter weather resources for animal owners
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality: Response Resources
- Texas Department of Insurance: Insurance claim filing helpline phone number is 1-800-252-3439, podcast addressing water damage and frozen pipe prevention
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Texas Roadside Assistance 1-800-525-5555
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Disaster Planning & Kit Information
- Texas Department of Transportation: Check road conditions online or by calling 1-800-452-9292, follow TxDOT on Twitter.
- Texas Health & Human Services Commission: Dial 2-1-1 for social services and disaster-related information such as extreme weather shelters, warming centers, crisis counseling, and food, rent and utility payment assistance.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Online resources
- Public Utility Commission of Texas: Winter storm links, outage maps, contact information to report outages
- Texas Water Development Board: Real-time weather data
- Texas Workforce Commission: Customer Relations: 1-800-628-5115, twc.texas.gov
- University of Texas at Austin: Emergency webpage
- American Red Cross: Winter Storm Preparedness Information, Find an Open Shelter.
Below-freezing temperatures and ice accumulation caused travel impacts for portions of Texas between February 22 and February 26, 2022. The greatest impacts were experienced in areas of North, Central, and West Texas.
Read more about the state's winter weather response in Governor Greg Abbott's February 22 press release.